Q: What size of toiler trailer do I need to hire for my event?
• This will depend on the number of guests attending and the duration of your event.
• Please email or call us and we will be happy to talk through and advise on your specific requirements.
Q: Can you supply disabled facilities?
All units are accessed via steps with handrails, however we can supply single portable disabled unit should they be required.
Q: What is included in the price that I pay for toilet hire at my event?
• Delivery & collection based on weekdays during working hours.
• Set-up & full on-site testing of units in situ at the event.
• All consumables – our toilet units are fully stocked with toilet tissue, luxury hand soaps and hand towels.
• 24 hour customer telephone hotline, should you need to contact us urgently.
• VAT is not included in the price quoted, unless specifically stated and is subject to the standard VAT rate on the date of the event – not at the time of booking.
Q: When & how do I need to pay for the toilet hire?
• If your event is less than two weeks away, the full balance needs to be paid in advance of delivery (unless we have agreed otherwise).
• If your event is more than two weeks away, we require a deposit to secure your booking. We will then send you an invoice prior to your event which needs to be settled in full 7 days prior to delivery.
• Deposits and invoices can be paid online via BACS or by cheque.
• Please note that if your event is cancelled within 30 days of the hire start date, then we are unable to refund your deposit.
Q: When will you deliver and collect?
• We will call you on the Tuesday before your event to confirm the delivery date and time slot with you.
For a weekend event we usually deliver on a Thursday/Friday and collect on the Sunday/Monday/Tuesday afterwards. Evening and weekend transport options are available at extra cost. Please contact us for prices
Q: Where should the toilet unit(s) be positioned?
We will always try our best to position the toilet unit(s) wherever you would like them to go, but there are some guidelines that you should consider in advance of delivery:
• The single most important consideration is to ensure you have adequate space and access for a 4×4 Landrover Discovery with trailer to deliver the unit(s). As a rough guide, please allow 9ft width and 12ft height clearance at the site location. Overhanging branches & foliage may have to be pruned to prevent damage to the unit. For dimensions of each of our units please see the relevant page. Additional space needs to be allowed for manoeuvring, turning and getting in to trailer unit(s).
• Equipment should be placed on flat, firm ground (ideally gravel, tarmac, concrete or hard-standing), but can also be on grass as long as it’s not too wet!). We don’t want to damage lawns or driveways when man-handling units into their final position, so it’s always worth having a ‘Plan B’ for where to site the units as unfortunately we cannot be liable for any accidental damage caused on site.
• Please note that a 1 hour maximum time slot is allocated for delivery and collection and if our drivers are delayed whilst on site, then you will unfortunately be charged for additional time spent on site. This also has a knock-on effect on all our other customers so your co-operation and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Q: Do I need to provide water, drainage and electricity?
• All of our toilet units are self-contained and don’t require access to fresh water or mains sewers.
However we are able to mains-connect some of our luxury trailer toilets.
• All mobile luxury trailer toilets require access to a dedicated 240v mains power supply from either a standard 13amp socket or 16 amp marquee type socket or a minimum of a 5kva generator. For the electricians amongst you, the luxury trailer units produce a max 11 amp draw.
Q: Can I move the toilet unit(s) once set up?
Please ensure you are happy with the final location of the unit(s) during delivery, as for health and safety reasons our equipment cannot be moved unless under the supervision of a Wrekin Conveniences employee.
Q: Are the toilets insured?
Wrekin Conveniences is insured for Public & Employee Liability, however it is the Hirer’s responsibility to insure the unit(s) against loss or damage during the hire period. It is worth checking to see if you are covered by your household/event insurance policy. Alternatively, independent event insurance should be considered.
Q: What can I do if there is an issue with the toilet unit at my event?
All of our toilet units are less than 4 years old and well maintained which makes them extremely reliable, but for peace of mind we provide an emergency 24 hour hotline for our customers to call us on if there are any problems during the event. We will always try and solve any problems initially over the phone (sometimes it might be simply a case of forgetting to turn on the power!), and if that fails then we will send out a technician to quickly and discreetly remedy the problem. You are not charged for this service, however if our technician is called out without due cause then a call-out charge may be payable.
Q: Can the toilet be built into a marquee?
Absolutely. This is a particularly good idea during the winter. As all marquees are different, we would advise your marquee company/event manager to contact us to run through your requirements.
Q: Can the unit be used for more than one function?
This would depend on guest numbers and the duration of the event. It is best to discuss with us beforehand.
Q: What happens to the waste?
We are licensed to carry the waste back to our depot by the Environment Agency. We store the waste until it is collected for treatment. Because we choose to use environmentally friendly chemicals, the waste eventually makes its way safely back into the water system.
Q: Do I need to clean the toilets before they are collected?
No! We use special chemicals that thoroughly clean & disinfect the units between hires. Using household detergents doesn’t fit with our environmental policies too. We’re happy for you to return the units just as they are left by your guests.